Me, Shurleah, and Sister M.
This is my favorite picture from my mission. This beautiful woman in the middle is Shurleah. Shurleah’s story is incredible and changed my entire life for the better. I can honestly say that I would not be who I am today without her. Sounds super cheesy but it’s true. There are so many life lessons that I have learned from her and I would like to start sharing them with you, dear readers. But before I share them with you there are a few things that you must know about sweet Shurleah:
1. She is in the last stages of Multiple Sclerosis and doesn’t have much time left.
2. She is lives alone (her sister, CNA, ward members, and missionaries visit and help her on a regular basis).
3. She is completely homebound.
4. She has nine (now eight) cats. Four indoor. Five outdoor.
5. She is completely wheelchair bound because her legs do not work properly.
6. She is the kindest person I have ever met.
6. She is the most forgiving person.
8. She is hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.
9. She does not like the devil at all.
10. She loves the missionaries.
11. And most importantly, she loves the Savior Jesus Christ with all of her heart.
Shurleah’s story has changed my life forever. I hope that this new segment on DS will have the same impact that it has had on me and that you’ll be able to have a similar experience with Shurleah as I have had. I’ll post lesson number one shortly. Cheers!